You’ll need to take care of yourself so you can have the energy to take care of others and stay healthy.
Almost overnight, we’ve been thrown into an overwhelming, new reality. How on earth are we supposed to keep it all together for our families without falling apart ourselves?!
Here are a few simple tips for staying healthy during this difficult, unprecedented time:
- BREATHE. Yep, staying healthy can be as simple as breathing! Taking a few slow, deep breaths will not only oxygenate your cells and boost your immune system, it will also help to reduce stress and anxiety. Breathe in deeply and fully through your nose, and then slowly exhale through your mouth. Try 3-5 deep breaths at a time and repeat throughout the day.
- DRINK MORE WATER. Whatever you’re doing, do it with a water bottle in hand, or maybe with a steaming cup of herbal tea. Hydrate your body and you’ll feel more energized and less snacky. See this post for more water-related tips.
- MOVE. Move your body every day. Schlepping around your house collecting laundry doesn’t count! I’m talking about deliberate movement for the sake of exercise and connecting to your body. Run. Walk. Stretch. Squat. Dance. Find online workouts (I can help you with that one). Move your body and you’ll feel better.
- GET FRESH AIR. Getting headaches? Having trouble sleeping at night? Daily doses of fresh air can really help. Take a walk or jog or simply stand in a patch of sunshine and take in your surroundings.
- NO POST-PESACH CRASH DIETING! Nourish your body with clean, satisfying foods- but don’t deprive yourself of occasional treats. If you give in to your cravings here and there, you’re more likely to stay on track with healthy eating the rest of the time.
The bottom line? A little bit goes a long way with establishing healthy habits. Even in these crazy circumstances.
And remember, taking care of others starts with taking good care of yourself.
Stay safe and well ♥️