If you need additional tables for entertaining this Yom Tov, or you’re simply “between tables,” this hack will give you the table space you want.
We all know that folding tables are just too narrow. When you add them as an extension to your own dining table, they’re awkward. When you use them on their own, or try to combine them, in the end you have a funny size that doesn’t work with any tablecloth.
The trick to using folding tables successfully is to combine your standard folding tables, which are 30 inches wide, with an 18-inch wide table. Then you have a beautiful 48-inch wide table, which can be a perfect extension to your own table, or used on its own.
Just moved in? No table yet? Two regular six foot tables combined with two narrow 18-inch 6 foot tables makes a beautifully-sized dining table! Cover with a 72 inch x 168 inch tablecloth and you won’t even notice that you’re not at a real table.
Where to find your tables?
- We saw that the best price on the (6 foot) 18-inch table is available at Bed Bath & Beyond, while the best price on the standard (6 foot) 30-inch wide table is available at Staples. Both of these are the same brand (Flash Furniture) so will match up nicely.
- For a lower priced table, Walmart carries a standard 6 foot table from Cosco brand.
- Costco Clubs also carries 2-packs of standard 6 foot tables over here, but delivery time seems long and might not arrive in time for Pesach (in store, the tables are priced similar to the ones at Staples).
- See all sizes of folding tables at Staples here.
- See all sizes of folding tables at Bed Bath and Beyond here.
Like the tablecloth? It’s this one from Loom and Table (we’re looking forward to sharing the new styles soon!)
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.
Saw a tip to spraypaint folding table legs gold. It looked so pretty
Victoria Dwek says
I’ve seen people use a wood sheet on top of a folding table to make it bigger and more sturdy. I thought that was genius!
I bought 4″ bed risers (they come in different heights, learned that the hard way!)
This makes the folding tables the exact same height as the dining room table. It looks seamless with the tablecloths on!
I bought a piece of plywood longer and wider than my folding table placed it on top and have a beautiful table cloth with a a beautiful looking table and no bumping into the legs of the table
Victoria Dwek says
Yes, we featured that version back in this post: https://betweencarpools.com/how-to-seamlessly-extend-your-dining-room-table/
Nikshoo Furniture solution says
This is an informative post. Got a lot of info and details from here. Thank you for sharing this and looking forward to reading more of your post.
restaurant cafe tables