It’s super easy to prepare, looks great, and everyone loves.
First of all, when making this dessert, you need tall thin miniware (I’ve used taller and thinner than this at other times, and it looks even cooler when there’s those very distinctive layers. This was the best I could find this time).
- 6 ounces salted pretzels, crushed
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup heavy cream OR non-dairy whipped topping
- 3 (3.5 ounce) bars good quality chocolate, finely chopped
- Caramel popcorn (store bought or make your own)
- In a bowl, combine pretzels, brown sugar, and oil. Add to individual cups.
- Place chocolate in a bowl. In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream or whipped topping to a boil over high heat. Pour over chocolate. Let sit for 3-4 minutes, as the cream helps to melt the chocolate.
- Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth (if there are any lumps still left, microwave for 15 seconds and whisk again). Pour over pretzel mixture (I use a piping bag to do this neatly, and I pinch the end when transferring the bag from one dessert cup to the next so it doesn’t flow out when I don’t want it to). Place in the refrigerator or freezer until firm.
- When chocolate is firm, add caramel popcorn on top.
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.