Not running out to a party tonight? Have fun creating Chanukah Sugar Cookies.
Make one big batch of sugar cookie dough. Roll them all out tonight, or freeze some of the dough for another night. You can also easily half this recipe. Get out the sprinkles or create a Cookie Coloring Station as shown here [link to cookie coloring activity previously posted]. There’s also no need to refrigerate this dough, so your kids can be busy rolling cookie dough in minutes!
- 2 cups (4 sticks) margarine, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, flour, and baking powder, and mix for 3-5 minutes, until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes (removed from
ovenbefore the edges start to brown). Let cool, then remove cookies from baking sheet.
Tip: This recipe makes a lot of cookies, but there’s no need to bake them all at once.
About Rochel Shaindel Rubin:
Rochel loves to throw great parties and cook great food. Enjoy her family’s favorite meatball and spaghetti dinner recipe right here.