Move over Muddy Buddies. Move over caramel popcorn. The new can’t-get-enough snack is this sweet, salty, and addictive dairy pretzel snack.
Some desserts are great when they’re served in single portions, like a slice of cheesecake or a ramekin of creme brulee. Then there are those sweets that are great when simply served in a bowl, so you can take one bite or a handful, whatever you choose…like those Muddy Buddies you love. This is one of those snack-like sweets. Since it’s dairy, the only time I ever think to serve it is at a melave malkah or a Chanukah party.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups pretzels
- 2 cups pecans
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- In a large bowl, toss mixture with pretzels and pecans.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour the sauce over your pretzels and pecans mixture. Mix well and get everything coated evenly.
- Spread mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.