These days, you’re in multitasking overdrive and you don’t have much time. You need simple family-friendly meals that will please everyone. The Instant Pot can help.
This meat pasta dish is one meal. In one pot. That everyone will love. In EIGHT minutes. I don’t need to say much except stick to shell pasta because the meat will somehow travel inside and you’ll get pockets of saucy meat in each bite. Incredibly satisfying: the little effort and the food.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large onion, minced
- 1 ¼ lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red wine
- 1 24oz jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces shell pasta
- Turn the pressure cooker on sauté.
- Once the insert heats add olive oil and stir in the minced onion.
- Brown the meat, constantly breaking up into pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic and granulated onion. Add the balsamic vinegar. Once the meat is no longer pink, pour the sauce and water.
- Add the pasta and stir well.
- Seal the pot and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Turn the vent to release pressure. Remove cover and stir the mixture well. Serve hot.
If you prefer to make this in a regular pot, you can. Sauté the onion and meat, add the rest, bring to a boil and reduce to low. Covered and cook until cooked through. Stir often so the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot. It just won’t take 8 minutes – probably around 20. (Do not make this in a slow cooker.)