This is really a 9×13 life kinda recipe, but in a bundt pan.
So you’ve made my amazing eggplant appetizer, I presume, by now. If you didn’t, you should. Ok fine, I know not everyone loves eggplants. But then again, you should try it. You might discover that you do love eggplant.
But, can we agree that everyone looooves a good, solid, bundt cake? And, everyone, yes EVERYONE (and by that I mostly mean all the women out there) likes a clean kitchen.
- 2 sticks (8 oz) margarine, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup ground nuts (any will do, we used almonds)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, start by combining melted margarine and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Begin adding dry ingredients to the margarine/sugar mixture, alternating with wet ingredients (orange juice and eggs), mixing after each addition. Once that’s done, you will have a nice, smooth batter.
- Spray your bundt pan really well with the baking spray, or, alternatively, smear with a bit of margarine and then dust with flour. Bang out any excess flour.
- Pour half the batter into your prepared bundt pan. Combine all the ingredients of the nut mix and sprinkle half over the batter. Cover with the remaining batter. Top with the remaining nut mix.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.