This is really a 9×13 life kinda recipe, but in a bundt pan.
So you’ve made my amazing eggplant appetizer, I presume, by now. If you didn’t, you should. Ok fine, I know not everyone loves eggplants. But then again, you should try it. You might discover that you do love eggplant.
But, can we agree that everyone looooves a good, solid, bundt cake? And, everyone, yes EVERYONE (and by that I mostly mean all the women out there) likes a clean kitchen.
This recipe comes together in minutes and it is so, so good, you’d never know. No need to pull out the standing mixer. A whisk will do.
Start by combining melted margarine and sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
Add dry ingredients to the margarine mixture,
alternating with wet ingredients (orange juice
Once that’s done, you will have a nice, smooth batter.
Spray your bundt pan really well.
Pour half the batter and sprinkle half of the nut mix.
Cover with the remaining batter.
Top with the remaining nut mix.
- 2 sticks (8 oz) margarine, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup ground nuts (any will do, we used almonds)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, start by combining melted margarine and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Begin adding dry ingredients to the margarine/sugar mixture, alternating with wet ingredients (orange juice and eggs), mixing after each addition. Once that’s done, you will have a nice, smooth batter.
- Spray your bundt pan really well with the baking spray, or, alternatively, smear with a bit of margarine and then dust with flour. Bang out any excess flour.
- Pour half the batter into your prepared bundt pan. Combine all the ingredients of the nut mix and sprinkle half over the batter. Cover with the remaining batter. Top with the remaining nut mix.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.
can i omit the nuts? i know it adds a lot to the cake but I have nut allergies,
anything i can put instead?
Hi! I’ve never made this without nuts. However I have been told that many people who bake without nuts, substitute it with ground pretzels, coconut flour (although that does soak up quite a bit of the moisture so you may need to add some oil with it) or even finely chopped granola. I can’t say which alternative would be best, but please do update us!
Did you try making this with oil?
Can this be made with oil?
1 stick margarine =1/2 cup oil
do you think this will work with cocoa instead of cinnamon? My husband doesn’t like cinnamon and would love to make this for the fast tomorrow….
I just used 2tbsp cocoa powder with the same sugar and nuts… perfect!
Bump on the oil and nuts questions!!
Raizy Weinfeld says
Just made it came out yum. Please use a hand mixer rather than a wisk! Unless You want to excercize your hand 🙂
Made this with oil and it came out great
How much oil?
Same amount as the melted margarine
2 stick’s margarine =1 cup oil
2 stick’s margarine =1 cup oil
Could I make this without nuts?
I find these no mixer cakes so hard to mix I rather pull out my mixer- I put it in the sink and fill it up with hot water. Two minutes later it is so easy to wash..
Can you make this with a 9×13? I don’t own a bundt pan…