Gifting a cookbook this Chanukah? If you loved Simply Gourmet, then you’ll love Rivky’s next book: Simply. There are so many recipes you’ll love!
If you missed the first post about Rivky Kleiman’s new book, check it out here along with a recipe for Rivky’s Sweet and Tangy Chicken (the perfect family-friendly dish!).
- 1-1½ lb skinless tilapia fillets
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup cold beer
- oil, for frying
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped capers or chopped dill pickles
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Add 2 inches of oil to a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until oil reaches 350°F. Lower heat to medium to maintain temperature at 350°F.
- Meanwhile, cut fish into strips or nuggets; add to prepared batter. Stir to completely coat fish pieces.
- Place a few batter-dipped pieces of fish into the hot oil; do not crowd pan. Fry until lightly golden, about 30-60 seconds per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined cooling rack to drain. Continue with remaining fish.
- Serve alongside tartar sauce.
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.