Enjoy this Apple Crumb Cake with coffee in the morning or warm with ice cream for dessert in the evening!
I’m going to tell you what I really like about this cake. Let’s list them.
First, like the Pesach carrot cake we posted last year, the ingredients are really wholesome. You know how you really don’t feel great after eating potato starch goods? With this cake, you feel satiated and happy. (So yes, enjoy it for breakfast!)
Second, it’s moist and delicious.
Third, it’s easy and can come together directly in the 9×13 pan (except for the crumb topping)!
Combine the dry ingredients,
add the wet,
then fold in the apple.
You do need a bowl for the crumb topping, but it’s worth it.
Stir in oil, a little at a time, until crumbs form.
Sprinkle on top of batter.
- 4 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4-6 Tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- In a 9x13 pan (or in a bowl if you prefer), combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Mix, then fold in the apple.
- Prepare the streusel. In a bowl, combine almond flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in oil, a little at a time, until crumbs form (don’t mix too much or add too much oil or it will be mush). Sprinkle on top of batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
Note that although the ingredients are basic, there are a couple ingredients some might not use (baking soda and maple syrup), but because it’s so few, this most likely can be adapted. If you make any subs, let us know in the comments below!
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.