These are the perfect, easy-to-prep pick-me-up that are great to stash during your busiest seasons!
My mother in law loves a good easy recipe and called me all excited about this one! They are great–the perfect healthy snack to pull out when you need something sweet.
I brought them along to a photo shoot and everyone loved that they can work for Pesach! (minus the sesame seeds… use coconut instead) we shot it right then and there.
The best part of this recipe is that there’s no need to open and check those dates. This one calls for date spread instead, so there’s a step that’s already done for you, so they come together super quickly.
2 Ingredient Date Balls
- 1 (16 oz) container date spread (I used LiOR)
- 2½ cups mixed raw nuts (I used pistachios, almonds, cashews, pecans)
- Sesame seeds or coconut flakes, for coating optional
- Add nuts to a food processor fitted with the S blade. Blend for 5-10 seconds until they are in very small pieces but not too fine. You should still see some small chunks.
- Add the date butter and blend some more. Now form into balls and then roll to coat with sesame seeds if desired.
- Freeze on a baking sheet, then once hard, place in bag. Grab when you need that quick burst of energy!
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE. JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP AND WE’LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN A NEW POST IS UP!
The date spread has very little nutritional content – it has added sugar. Definitely easier to use but kind of defeats the purpose of a “healthy”snack. But thank you for the recipe anyway! Looks yummy.