Want to offer something different at your next BBQ? Get those lean and juicy Delmonico or Oyster steaks onto the grill.
People serve all kinds of steaks at their BBQ’s; sometimes rib steaks, even sandwich steaks. I wanted to showcase the Oyster Steak since it is such a hit every time I serve it! With this kind of meat, as in any steak, simple is better! So this recipe is really easy! Another great thing about these steaks is that each one serves 2 people, maybe even three…since you slice once grilled. And, as noted by Evergreen’s David Asovski in this post, it’s a leaner meat than other steaks. Enjoy!
- 3 Delmonico steaks or Oyster Steaks (as many butchers label it)
- 2 tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 3 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Rinse the steaks and pat dry.
- Sprinkle Montreal steak seasoning on the meat. Let sit a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, olive oil, and garlic.
- Drizzle that combination over the steaks (make sure the Montreal steak seasoning is still clinging to the meat or re-baste it). Let marinate for 10 minutes or longer.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on how rare or well-done you like it.
- Slice each steak into 1-inch slices.