These fritters are a simple and nutritious side dish for any dairy meal! For a pareve version, omit the cheese.
By Rivki Rabinowitz
- 2 cups grated zucchini (squeezed to remove moisture) (about 2-3 average size)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup oats, or any flour
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon salt if using mozzarella
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, optional
- Place grated zucchini in colander. Add salt and toss- let it sit for 10 min. Using clean towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini.
- Combine zucchini, flour, cheese, seasonings, and egg.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Scoop tablespoon of batter, flattening with spatula. Cook until bottom is golden. Flip and cook another 2 minutes.
Rivki is a mom of 3 girls who is passionate about cooking, particularly elevating the vegetable. Showcasing the veggie’s diversity in modern and innovative preparation is her happy place! Find her @rivkirabinowitz. For collab inquiries, DM on instagram or email rivkirabinowitz @ gmail.com