Why have another boring barbecue when you can have these sandwich steak sandwiches?
Need an easy summer dinner?
Almost every butcher or supermarket I’ve been in sells a super thin steak called “sandwich steak.”
When cooked for a long time, these steaks dry up. But with a good marinade (really key) and a quick grill, they’re fantastic. And as the name suggests, these steaks are best enjoyed in a sandwich.
Since I’m usually rushing, I typically skip any recipe that calls for steaks to be prepped in advance and marinated for a really long time. But hear me out. This marinade is so quick to prepare, you can really prep, forget about it, and then have dinner ready in minutes.
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs sandwich steaks
- ¼ soy sauce
- ¼ cup silan (date honey)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- Place all ingredients in a bag. Let marinate at least an hour or all day!
- Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and sear on both sides (it will only take 1-2 minutes per side, depending on how hot your grill or pan is). Let rest for 1 minute.
- Slice into strips and place in a baguette with coleslaw.
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.