This dip is a Shabbos table staple.
There are two reasons I love this recipe so much: One, it’s a one sheet pan recipe with no pots to wash, and two, because I get to practice some of my knife skills, as this recipe calls for everything to be mini-diced.
Practicing knife skills with a small $5 small kitchen knife from your local hardware store won’t get you anywhere, besides probably cutting yourself from time to time. I’m a huge fan of a big cutting board with a good knife!
- 5 tomatoes on the vine, finely diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves , finely diced
- 2 bunch scallions, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 pinches cumin
- 2 pinches sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
- Combine all ingredients on a sheet pan and mix.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until you see a nice char on the tomatoes. I like to taste it when it’s ready, and adjust the salt and cumin.
For pesach – omit cumin.