There’s so many complicated desserts to make for Shavuos. Let this be the easy one. And perhaps the most delicious too.
When a cousin calls to tell me that they have a new 9×13 recipe, I say “Yes!” right away. I don’t care if it’s chicken, a side dish, or a cookie.
But when the recipe comes and it’s the most decadent dairy cookie bar (or blondie as many call it), we rush and take photos. Because we know this is the easiest, most decadent Shavous treat you’ve ever made. The hardest part is chopping the chocolate. Thanks Miriam Engel for the recipe!
Combine all ingredients together with a gloved hand.
Baking time will depend on the pan that you use, and how you like it. For a softer blondie-like square, do not overbake (take it out before it gets dark on top).
- 2 sticks butter, completely softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 bars dairy white chocolate, chopped
- 2 bars dairy brown chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup chopped nuts (we used macadamias
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut butter sticks into bite size pieces and either let sit for a long time until completely softened, or microwave for 20 seconds (otherwise it will be too hard to mix).
- Place softened butter, eggs, sugars, baking powder, and flour directly in the pan. With a gloved hand combine all the ingredients together. Add in chopped chocolate and nuts and combine, spreading evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 20--30 minutes. The time will depend on the pan that you use, and how you like it. For a softer blondie-like square, do not overbake (take it out before it gets dark on top).
- Optionally, garnish with drizzled chocolate and nuts.