When there’s so much to prepare each Shabbos or Yom Tov, who is going to mind that the main dish took 5 minutes to put together?
We all love a good shortcut when cooking for Shabbos. After all, Fridays are short and our to-do lists long. When the main dish requires literally 5 minutes to pull together (yet tastes like it took all day to prep and prepare these flanken to perfection), you know it’s a winner.
- 2 ½ - 3 lbs. bone-in flanken meat
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Create large chunks of meat by cutting down between the bones.
- In a bowl, combine the spices. Sprinkle all sides of the meat liberally with the spice mixture.
- Place the seasoned meat in a 9x13 baking dish. Top with a layer of parchment paper then cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 hours, until fork-tender. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.