It doesn’t matter what veggies are in your fridge. As long as you have chicken, you likely have all you need to enjoy this Asian fried chicken dinner tonight.
Does your family love a good Asian fried chicken? Like a good chicken dish that you can serve buffet-style? Need another appetizer to add to your repertoire? Or a weeknight all-in-one-meal? We’ve got a recipe for you!
It’s a complete meal in one recipe and it’s an easy one because that’s what we do best, right?
- 1½ lbs baby chicken, cleaned and cut into very small pieces (you can use chicken breast if you prefer)
- Salt and pepper, for sprinkling
- cornstarch, to coat
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (use more if you like extra heat)
- Oil, for frying
- Any fresh vegetables you like - peppers, onions, broccoli are good options.
- Rice, for serving
- Combine chicken, corn starch, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss to coat well.
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and hot sauce. Both components can be prepared ahead and refrigerated to be fried fresh before serving.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry the chicken until cooked through. Add the sauce and mix. Add fresh vegetables and mix well until heated through and sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.
Appetizer Plating idea: Fill a taco bowl with a scoop of rice and top with chicken mixture.
This looks absolutely delicious! So my family’s type!
Shira from Toronto says
Made tonight was a hit!!
Wow I made it with cutlets and its a winner winner chicken dinner! Between car pools at their best!!
This is BEYOND delicious! Made it tonight for supper it was quick, easy, and delicious! A must!
Hi! This looks like a great recipe! I was wondering how much oil you recommend frying it in. Just enough to wet the pan, or deeper?
when to add cashews if using?
really delicious! def make again
Made this today. So so good!! Love that I was able to prepare everything in advance. Definitely a favorite!!