Sweet, salty, tart, and tangy…this red cabbage salad is the exciting addition to your meal
I make this red cabbage salad for Shabbos, or whenever I’m asked to bring a salad to a meal. It’s different than the typical lettuce-based salad, and I like salads that blend fruits and vegetables. With no lettuce, it can sit out at a party and not wilt. Even the leftovers are good (if you have any).
- 8 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated (large, not fine)
- 1 green apple, cut into long thin toothpick size sticks, peel is fine
- ¼-1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced.
- 3 oz chopped Chinese or glazed pecans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (edited: or your favorite mustard)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Lemon Pepper seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- Combine all dressing ingredients.
- Combine all salad ingredients except for the pecans. Toss with ¾ of the dressing or as much as you like.
- Top with pecans before serving.
Click here for another great salad!