Don’t like to dip and coat each strip of onion? This version of onion rings is way easier (and very tasty too).
These onion rings are great over a steak (like you enjoy in steakhouses) or on their own as-is with some mayo, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, or whatever you like to use as a dip for your French fries. Full of flavor, these quick strings will keep everyone munching
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 11/2 tsp salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- Cut onion in half, then cut into thin strips. Spread pieces apart.
- In a medium bowl, mix honey, mustard, and vinegar. Toss well with onions (if onion is very large and the mixture isn’t coating it well, add more of each ingredient). Let sit
- for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and chili powder. Add onion strings and toss very well.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan or deep fryer. When oil is hot, deep fry onion strings in batches until golden, stirring occasionally so they don’t stick together.