Bright and fresh flavors take this eggplant salad to the next level.
There’s always something amazing cooking at my sister’s house. No, really. They have a very open home, so there’s usually someone cooking up something in the kitchen. And since her husband is a caterer from a family of caterers, it’s always worth peeking into the pots.
One Friday I popped in while her cousin was making this salad. Of course, I stopped him in the middle so he could show me what he was doing. Right there we recorded a voice note of the recipe and instructions so we could recreate it and share with all of you. This one is a bit more of a “patchke” than we normally share, but one bite in you’ll decide it’s worth it!
- 2 medium eggplants, roasted (see our favorite method here. Make sure to get some good char.)
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, grated
- 6-7 large Israeli pickles, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Scrape the eggplant into a mixing bowl, discarding the skins.
- Add tomatoes, pickles, onions, garlic and herbs. Combine by gently mixing together.
- Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND A PEEK BEHIND THE SCENES, MAKE SURE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP STATUS HERE.