In the mood of falafel but don’t want to actually cook?
This healthy sandwich is the solution.
No forming balls, no frying. Just flavor. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and you have lunch.
Once mixture is coarsely mashed, mix in cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions
This mixture is also a great “mock tuna” – it’s great if you don’t want fish but will want something pareve, filling, and flavorful.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 Persian cucumber, finely diced
- 1 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 tablespoons finely diced onion
- Slice bread or pita bread, for serving
- Using a fork, mash the chickpeas with water, lemon juice, oil, and spices. Once mixture is coarsely mashed, mix in cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions.
- Toast your bread. Add falafel mixture and enjoy. You can also eat this as a salad instead of in a sandwich.