Want to create autumn on a plate? It’s never been easier!
My sister was looking for a seasonal way to serve gnocchi and came up with this perfect combination. And the best part is that it takes under 10 minutes to prepare, beginning to end!
- 1.5 cups Imagine butternut squash soup
- 3 3.5 ounce packages of pre-cooked chestnuts
- 2 Tbl brown sugar (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 16 oz packages of gnocchi
- Blend soup and 2 packages of chestnuts together. (If using an immersion blender, work in a deep container. This will get messy otherwise.) Transfer to a sauce pan and add seasonings and optional brown sugar. Bring to a simmer and adjust spices to taste.
- At this point you can freeze or refrigerate the sauce if you’d like to serve it at a later date.
- When ready to serve, prepare gnocchi according to package direction. Combine with sauce. Slice remaining chestnuts and add to gnocchi.