This rice is on oldie but goodie that always satisfies. Make it in minutes in one pan!
I once offered to cook a side dish for a sheva berachot about 16 years ago. I remember distinctly that it was a time when doing anything was hard, even dinner for my own family, let alone volunteering to cook for someone else’s simcha. I had no idea why I agreed to a task I was clearly not up to. I must have been pregnant, or right after a birth. I don’t really recall. What I do remember is calling my sister, who always knows what to do in every situation, and she had just the recipe I needed. It was so easy, and so tasty, it sure became a hit and a keeper.
- 2 cups rice (I use Uncle Ben’s)
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 ¾ cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Combine all ingredients in a 9x13 pan. Mix well. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Veggies will rise to the top when cooking, so mix well before serving.