Learn how to make charoses for your Pesach seder.
If you’re making Pesach for the first time this year, you’re going to need to make charoses yourself. This is our favorite version.
Use hazelnuts without the peel. If you cannot find peeled hazelnuts, simply toast whole hazelnuts. Rub the nuts between your palms or in a dish towel and the peels will come off. Then, chop coarsely and measure the correct quantity.
- 2 sweet red apples, peeled and grated
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and grated
- 2½ cups chopped, peeled hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 cups sweet red wine
- 1 teaspoon ground fresh ginger, or to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, hazelnuts, wine, and ginger to taste.