Sometimes you can take a good thing and change it up into a completely new good thing. Like Strawberry Blondie good.
That’s what Danielle Renov of Peas Love N Carrots did with our chocolate chip sticks. She took out the chocolate, replaced it with real white chocolate and strawberries and a whole new kind of goodness called White Chocolate Strawberry Blondie Sticks was created!
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries - cleaned, checked, dried and diced
- 1 bar good quality white chocolate
- 4-5 Tbl strawberry or raspberry jam, optional
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Mix the sugars, egg, and oil directly in the 9x13 pan. Add remaining ingredients (except the jam) and mix together. We found it easiest to do this with a gloved hand.
- If using the jam, add in dollops and swirl with a knife. Press the dough into the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges are crispy. Cut into 18 bars while still warm. Let cool completely before breaking into sticks. Bars will be a bit softer than chocolate chip sticks, with more of a blondie consistency.