Easier on the stomach even for those who don’t have a gluten free diet, this risotto still has the classic Shabbos taste!
We got this recipe from our friend who got it from her friend, who got it from her friend who created it because she wanted a lighter cholent.
While some of us were skeptical, we agreed to give it a try.
You know what? When the guys request “the new kind of cholent you made last week” to be made again, it’s a winner!
And the super simple prep makes it a perfect fit for Between Carpools.
Gluten Free Beef Risotto
- ½ to 1 lb sautéed onions (Frozen onion cubes work very well)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1-2 lbs cheek meat
- ¾ cup arborio rice
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Place onions, meat and broth in a slow cooker on low. Cook for 6-10 hours.
- Add rice and water and cook for at least 2 more hours.
- When serving for the first time, adjust seasoning to your family’s taste. Keep this in mind for future weeks.